Monday, October 22, 2007

You can ring my bell

It was around 9:00pm, I was watching The Criminals' Mind on TV. It was about an arsonist. Ring!ring! ring!..my phone rang breaking my concentration. "An unidentified number?" I wondered. "Hello? Hello?" and I heard a guy repeating his 'Hello! Hello!". The tone of his voice, sounded as though he knew me. "Eeeek! how embarassing" I said to myself.."May I know who is on the line?" I asked. "Hellooo?" "Hellooo?" he repeated. Later, I was annoyed as I should have not attended to an unidentified caller.."May I know who is on the line?" and gave him a last chance but it went quiet instead. Then I thought it could be a prank call and disconnected it. I continued watching TV.

Beep-beep! Beep-beep! An SMS, "Hi Yuna, called u just like that. Have a nice time" When I saw his name, I smiled. That was very naughty of him, teasing me..just to hear me saying 'something'. He has been very supportive in many ways...like spritually. I think it has been 3 months we've been friends. And good friend is hard to come by especially through internet. So I replied to his SMS. Then I thought about it..over and over and over..."Must I? Should I?" and then "Why not? Give him a shot! Yeah!" So I called him. It was such a looooong ringing. Makes me wondered if I did get the right number but even if it is so...I was already embarrassed. I was about to disconnected "Hellooo?" he answered. Eeeek! Is that him? ..and I was already shying. "Hi, It's me , Yuna!" and we bla..bla..bla..for awhile. Phew! That wasn't hard to do. Ok, next time I'll call you again Anand. He's from Bangalore, India. Thank you for calling my friend!

No comments: