Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reminiscing the dance


May I dance with you?

During the College Prom night, I think it was the happiest moment for everyone. The guys were in their best clothes and shoes and the girls, dressed up to kill! Wow! I remembered that every classes had to present a show that day. It was very entertaining. My class presented a traditional malay dance. My dance partner was my best friend, Shah..hehehe..Hello Shah! you just can't let that amorous Ismail to become my dancing partner ye! Thank you la...My boyfriend, Ronnie (Riz) and his best friend, Jiva, presented a comical dance that day. They were wearing raffia strings for skirts, two half coconuts covering the top and wigs like the Hawaiian girls and did their gigs of Hawaiian dance...with a song that goes 'Your body..my body..everybody loves my body!' Everybody was laughing and there was a big applause. I was so proud of him that night, can't imagine he was so comical and creative.

Later in the evening everyone was having a ball on the dancing floor. Me? I was too shy or perhaps I don't want to be seen like dancing Madonna! Suddenly the light went out and then dimmed. A slow number was in the air. I felt someone was holding my right hand and whispered "May I dance with you?" I looked up...it was him and felt like giving him a big hug! But mind you, all my classmates doesn't know that Ronnie and I were couples except Shah. So we dance!! I STILL remembered this 'Feeling' I had inside that day. First time we dance! Him, holding my cold hand and me being so closed to him...and some whisperings (giggles.) But the clock stroked 12:00am, I had to go...he held my hand not wanting to let go...I guess...it was just our beginning that night...."but Ronnie my dad IS waiting!" Like a Cinderella..I hurried to my dad who was waiting to bring his daughter home safely

Snapped! Hello...I am back from reminiscing, yikes!

No comments: