Saturday, June 2, 2007

It's a Durian Life!


The durian! King of fruit! It's delicious
Some say it pongs and it taste awful! 'Yuk'!
YUK? what yuk? I LOVE durian if only I could eat as many as I'm pleased!
Those were the days.

My mom and my grandma, what the Malaysian would call as "Hantu Durian"...meaning that they are durian lovers. They go goo-goo-gaa-gaa at the sight of good quality durians.

Mom: Yuna, shall we pop one? (to crack open one durian for consume immediately by the roadside...oh dear!)
Grandma: Hey! pop it now! I can't wait!
Yuna: Encik (Sir) boleh bukak satu durian tu? Nak makan sekarang...(could you crack open a durian we'd like to eat it here and now)
Anyway, I don't have a choice...as those ladies like panting down my neck as their eyes ogle on the lovely thorny king of fruit!
I had one helping...would love to go for more but I can't.
I saw the others , a malay family and a Chinese couple who had bought the durians cracked opened one of their prizes. The heat, the durian's aroma and the buzzling nosies and these people gorges down....like they are in another world!
And as for me, I'd rather enjoy eating it at home than in the open like this but not my mom and my grandma ....Yes! It's a durian life in Malaysia! It is really an exotic affair when it comes to it!

No comments: