Monday, April 30, 2007

A guinea pig

I hitched a ride to the hospital with my dad who was on his way to Putrajaya this morning. Another medical check-up but with another medical department...I was referred to this section by my doctor for further test and diagnosed and I know it's going to be a loooong wait. It was 8 when I shoved my card at the reception, hoping I could jumped the que though my appointment was at 10. Didn't hang on at the lobby but instead went for my breakfast. A long walk to the cafeteria but I don't mind. Just passing my boring time at the moment. Bought myself a few magazines and a paper for reading. I usually spend RM25 on these whenever I'm here. Just to kill my boredom as I'm not the kind of person who loves to lounge around or watch TV while waiting to be called. Thats not Yuna. Hmmm...should suggest a cybercafe in the hospital. At least if I were to be hospitalised, you know..where I'd be gone during the recuperation.

Looking at the time, still too early. Walked to the garden and sat at the bench. Reading! Ring!Ring!Ring! another unknown caller! Funny...I've been receiving an unknown caller recently. It is quite annoying as I don't gives away my telephone number.
Y: Hello? (said me reluctantly)..
Sis: Hi! sis how are you? (It was my sister from Malacca)
Y: Oh Hi? I'm ok.. your name didn't appear (in my phone).. gives me a fright!
Sis: You sound different and terrible...are you alright?
Y: I'm at the hospital
Sis: Whatever for? Are you sick?
Y: Naw..just my medical appointment
She thought I was working today and requires an info to fax to her. Unfortunately I wasn't. It was a short conversation as we usually email to one another. Boredom set in again. Sent an SMS to GG...whatever!

Inside, I felt like a guinea pig. Yesterday I was a mouse. Today I'm a guinea pig! Changed into a white uniform. Whatever on me had to be removed. A thorough check-up and screening. Gave blood sample, urine sample..poked here and there, been swabbed and pressed here and there...whatever betul la! (sigh-ing)...Luckily they were lady doctor and nurses. I just could not take the shameless notion. Aargh! But yet.... "We'll see you in 4 months time!"
I just don't know what to say...speechless...clueless....an idiot! For the first time.. My brain can't think and thus has no say....Maybe it felt that it had been raped of dignity...Aww come on Brain..say something! HELP at least!

Like a zombie after getting the prescription, out I go to get a taxi home. My mouth was glued and my mind just wasn't there!

No comments: